Mummy Your Not Watching Me

General chat about Television Personalities.

Moderators: windlessair, Keg

What's your favourite track?

Adventure Playground
No votes
A Day in Heaven
7%
Scream Quietly
14%
7%
Brian's Magic Car
No votes
Where the Rainbow Ends
21%
David Hockney's Diaries
14%
Painting by Numbers
No votes
Lichtenstein Painting
No votes
Magnificent Dreams
21%
If I Could Write Poetry
14%

Total votes: 14

Keg
Site Admin

Post by Keg » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:47 pm

I've been playing this a few times over the weekend. Depending on the mood, it's my favourite TVP album. What's your favourite track? Pow!

Stefan

Post by Stefan » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:52 am

the favourite track from this album is really hard to chose.
i mean the obvious choice is "if i could write poetry", because it is by far one of the best songs ever written and is up there with the best work of lennon, weller, davies etc.
but, depending on the mood, time and place, my other favourite tracks are "magnificient dreams", "where the rainbow ends" and "scream quietly". and because i expect no one else to vote for it i choose "scream quietly", though "if i could write poetry" is my favourite...

Avalanche

Post by Avalanche » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:09 pm

This was the first TVP record I bought...and a few weeks later I got a second copy for my birthday.
The album is really great and it is not easy to vote for the best song. I voted for "Mummy Your Not Watching Me".

marc

Re: Mummy Your Not Watching Me

Post by marc » Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:33 pm

My first TVP Album was 'Chocolate Art' - on Vinyl (it is much shorter than the CD, but more at the point). 'A Day In Heaven' was and still is the greatest piece of psychedelic music I ever step into. So, the receipt of the studio version on 'Mummy...' is my favourite, but it depends on the mood. 'Scream quietly' fits perfectly in my mood today. Sometimes live sucks. cheer up. 'Mummy not watching me' is a work of art in general.

Keg
Site Admin

Post by Keg » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:42 pm

marc wrote:'A Day In Heaven' was and still is the greatest piece of psychedelic music I ever step into.
Oh, it is! It's an amazing track.

Neil

Post by Neil » Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:52 pm

marc wrote:My first TVP Album was 'Chocolate Art' - on Vinyl
Me too. Found it second-hand in a record shop in Dublin... why anyone would flog it off is beyond me. It is absolutely beautiful.

As for my favourite track from Mummy Your* Not Watching Me... it's impossible to choose really. The title track always leaves me with a lump in my throat, If I Could Write Poetry always makes my eyes water, and I'm nothing short of sobbing uncontrollably when I hear Where The Rainbow Ends. The whole album is pure brilliance, and each song can stand on its own as a perfect piece of art.

*Why, Dan, why? (mixing up words like your/you're or there/their really gets my goat... I'm so easily annoyed.)
<b>Twee-pop legend survives heroin, has blog</b>

Bertrand

Post by Bertrand » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:48 pm

"Magnificent Dreams" makes me think of my brother. That's something that translates my feelings for him.

claus

Post by claus » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:56 pm

I chose "Magnificent Dreams" too, though it is a hard choice. I think apart from yet another unbelievably catchy tune, it is the sentiment in the words which I love. In a way it sums up a lot of what the TVPs stand for.
I mean, how many people will have thought that Dan was crazy to record records with that clumsy band with badly tuned guitars and shabby vocals, but he kept on dreaming HIS magnificent dream...

Nonsuch

Post by Nonsuch » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:47 pm

VERY hard to pick a favourite from this great album... 'Where The Rainbow Ends' just edges it... Today! Tomorrow it might be 'Brian's Magic Car'. 8)